“One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, ‘Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.’” (Luke 11:1 NIV)
Did you ever wonder about that? Why did the disciple say “TEACH us“? Doesn’t prayer come naturally, especially to disciples… especially during a crisis?
Emergency praying may come naturally, but praying effectively is something we’re taught.
That’s why our church has hosted a Prayer Enrichment Workshop for the past 21 years – and we’ll do another one on September 11-13, 2015 with several speakers.
The theme: “Building Prayer Into The Life Of Your Church”.
- David Butts. Chairman of National Prayer Committee and President of Harvest Prayer Ministries.
- Victor Knowles. Founder of Peace On Earth Ministries and Editor of One Body Magazine.
- Albert Lemmons. Seminar Teacher who has spoken at more than 600 prayer events on five continents and President of Prayer Matters.
- J.J. Turner. Preacher, Church Elder and President of Jeremiah Institute.
- Jerry Keene. Preacher for Farmerville Church of Christ and Homecoming Speaker for our 50th Anniversary as a church (Jerry’s dad, Percy Keene, was our first full-time preacher nearly 50 years ago.)
Check out all the details at our website where you can view and print the Workshop brochure.
Hope to see you there!