As I’m writing this, America is voting. Some say it’s the most momentous election in our lifetime. It could decide this nation’s direction for a generation or more.
So, how can Christians pray for this election… and for what happens afterward?
- Pray for a fair and calm election.
- Pray that believers on Christ will get out and vote… in ALL our elections.
- Pray for the outcome of this election to spark a greater spiritual awakening in America.
- Pray for America’s churches to wake up, to preach the Word of God boldly despite persecution, and to pray without ceasing.
- Pray for our new President to be specially touched by God and drawn closer to Him through Christ.
- Pray for those who lose in these elections to gracefully support America and work with even their political opponents to see our nation live up to our
- Pray for a renaissance of mature statesmanship in our political process so people of excellence and Christ-like moral values will be drawn to elective office.
- Pray for newly elected officials to protect our religious freedoms as guaranteed in the First Amendment to our constitution.
- Pray for God to touch all our elected officials with His Presence, bringing about a spiritual awakening among those who serve in government.
- Pray for peace in America as this election ends.
What else are YOU praying for?
“The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord;
he turns it wherever he will.” (Proverbs 21:1 ESV)
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.” (1 Timothy 2:1-4 NIV)